Overseas employment

Bernhard Stopper b98tu at t-online.de
Tue Sep 18 02:40:11 MDT 2007

To get the title "Klavierbaumeister" in germany, you have to make a
"Meister examination".
You usually go to the school in Ludwigsburg for one ear to learn to
construct a piano and a grand piano.
To subscribe to school, you first must have been in profession usually
for at least 5 years.
At the examination, you have to proove, that you are able to build a piano.
(you have to make a complete construction drawing and to assemble an
instrument from scratch).

Of course there are fellows who forgot to build a piano when they do
tunings only.
But this is a different question.

regards,

Bernhard Stopper