Overseas employment

Bernhard Stopper b98tu at t-online.de
Tue Sep 18 05:38:47 MDT 2007

What you probably mean as the lower degree "Klavierbauer" is a shortcut
of  the degree "Klavierbauergeselle" what means literarilly
"piano builder helper", and is the first degree after apprentice.
The use of the title Klavierbauer, implies that you have the master
title in germany.

The examination may vary, you can build your instrument from scratch or
with prebuilt components.
Usually, harpsichord makers make a complete instrument.
Piano makers have to proove their woodworking skills with a 1/4 model of
rim and soundboard.
Beside the construction drawing, you have also to present your own scale
design and discuss it with the masters that take
the examination.Be shure, no one get the master degree if he is telling
nonsense there.

regards,

Bernhard Stopper