Randy Potter's Seminar

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Wed Sep 19 10:43:06 MDT 2007

1) Yes, yes, Definitely YES.
2) Yes... except at this point I cannot afford the time or $$. A few
students who went the year I did returned the following year.
3) Stay -- er, Study! -- the course, practice aural temperaments. I wish I'd
studied a bit more than I did... I think I'd have gotten more out of the
week, though I did come away a lot more knowledgeable than I started.

I attended in 2005, the only year the ATS was held in KC at PTG HQ. I
believe the Bozeman location is better, simply by virtue of the fact that
(a) more pianos available in (b) practice rooms.

The reason it's in Bozeman is that Ward Guthrie, one of the fine instructors
(they are all great!) lives there and has some connection to the
university(?) where it's held.

On paper, the days are very long... 8am to 10pm... but the pace is quite
comfortable, practice is geared to the individual, lectures are chock full
of great information.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN