The Shadow knows

Anne Acker a.acker at comcast.net
Wed Sep 19 19:59:01 MDT 2007

interesting, which is what the post was about, rather than the
obvious direct sunlight thing.

Ron N<<<<<

HI Ron,  I found this a wonderful observation.  I know I can often locate which pin on harpsichords to turn by simply seeing the "fuzziness" of the string, but have not had the shadow experience yet, especially with a piano.

Clearly the lighting and "magnification" caused by the light and the distance from the string to the board, made it possible for you to see the vibrations and coming into phase better.

Very cool.

Anne