The shadow knows

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Sep 19 21:16:04 MDT 2007

> I for one found it very interesting. A few years ago I I saw string
> shadows during tuning for the first time. I was amazed at the amount of
> deflection of the tenor strings. For some reason, it is not apparent at
> all if you only watch the strings.
>
> Jurgen Goering

Visual contrast. The reflected color values of the strings
aren't significantly different from the soundboard when you're
watching the string. They're analog. Shadows are binary.

Have you ever seen shadows cast by small items like leaves on
a tree during a partial solar eclipse? It's wonderful!
Ron N