Noise Canceling Tning System

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Thu Sep 20 00:27:29 MDT 2007

On Sep 19, 2007, at 22:45, John Formsma wrote:

>   I really had fun today doing aural tuning.  Competing in
> a dining club with a vacuum cleaner and piped-in jazz with wait staff
> setting up the tables.  And I was tuning with open unisons to boot.
> It was cool.  I'd describe it as listening to whispers, since most of
> the "sound" was sucked up into the vacuum cleaner.  Just gotta know
> which whisper is which.

Yes, combining tunings with vacuums really sucks.  But why bother?  For
those situations, and a host more, there is a new technological
solution: NoCATS, the noise canceling tuning system.

Briefly, it consists of a contact microphone placed on the soundboard
and run through a tiny pre-amp into headphones with active noise
canceling electronics.

Spare your ears and nerves while cranking out better tunings in
"acoustically adverse" environments.

go to:
http://www.pianofortesupply.com/
and click on the headphones