The shadow knows

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Sep 20 21:35:42 MDT 2007

> Before we moved, I used to tune for a Christian conference center.  The
> Baldwin SD-10 sat at various locations on the stage.  Occassionally I
> could see the wave patterns of the strings, depending on where the piano
> was, relevant to the stage lights. Unfortunately, I never managed to
> achieve Ron's height of competency, actually being sure the unison was
> in tune, based solely on the light patterns.
>
> Diane

No no no! I make no such claims to be able to see absolute
unison tuning from light patterns. I do note that the ears
verify what the shadows show, but the aural indicator is of
considerably finer resolution, near as I could tell. It's a
marvelous and pretty light show, as always subject to further
reality checks by established methods, but nevertheless not
without entertainment value.

Revolutionary - not. Interesting and entertaining - you bet -
for me, at least.

My reality, as of today...
Ron N