Noise Canceling Tuning System

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 07:47:32 MDT 2007

On 9/20/07, John Formsma <formsma at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/20/07, Jurgen Goering <pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, combining tunings with vacuums really sucks.
>
> Indeed!
>
> > But why bother?  For those situations, and a host more, there is a new
> technological
> > solution: NoCATS, the noise canceling tuning system.
>
> I went to your web site to look at it.  What's it cost?
>
> I have some noise cancelling headphones...sold by Sharper Image.
> Would those work with the NoCATS?   If so, would you sell everything
> but the headphones?
>
> Also, what's the dB level "inside" the headphones?  Does it protect
> one's ears from a test blow?
> --
> JF
>
> www.ronpaul2008.com

Hi John,

I've been using the 20db earplugs from Pianotek for quite a while now. They
are great for situations such as you described you were in yesterday and
they do protect the ears from a test blow. I find they actually enhance what
I NEED to hear, blocking some of the extraneous garbage I've trained myself
to ignore after 38 years of aural tuning. Occasionaly I'll have a
particularly quiet piano and I can pull them out slightly so they are not
quite as tight but still block the loud stuff, making it easier to hear the
quiet pianos. Just an alternative thought.

Mike

--
Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life
as a continuous learning experience.

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404