The shadow knows

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 20 07:58:38 MDT 2007

H'mm,
I remember this when I was first learning to tune aurally.  My wife's
grand backed up to a window.  I could see strings sharpen up
together.  I can still see wound strings come into phase by just
watching them.  The little ones are harder for my eyes.  And I do use
an ETD but don't spend any time watching it when putting unisons
together so I get to see this every time I tune a piano in a well-lit
environment, not too often in south Texas where dark is associated
with -cool-. :-)

Andrew Anderson