Dust collectors

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Sep 21 18:33:47 MDT 2007

Dale,

Good-day, mate! Just arrived from my 21+ hour flight from Sydney, Australia and their 2007 Australian Piano Tuners & Technicians Guild conference. More on that later after the jet lag works its way out - too much to report and too many blokes to thank - my brain can't handle it right now - and besides, I need to wait for ALL MY $#$&ing luggage to arrive - its somewhere between Sydney and Brisbane as I write this from Tampa, Florida.

I'm with Greg Newell. The best I can understand it, ClearVue Cyclone has the best designed unit out there. It is what I have. I would not wish for anything else. It works fantastic - way better than I had hoped for. Even drum-sanding many board feet of ebony (think BLACK) - it separates out ALL the dust and NO visible dust has made it to my exhaust filters. Absolutely incredible. Sucks up everything my Grizzly 20" planer can spit out.

http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/

And for a plethora of information on dust collection design:

http://billpentz.com//woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm

Not only does the cyclone separate seemingly ALL the dust out before the exhaust filter, but all you need to do is empty the trash can at the base of the cyclone - you don't ever have to empty a big bag of dust that is clinging to the filter bag and you have to beat it and stand in a cloud of dust. It is so totally superior. AND, having collected a bunch of dust, the cyclone is still operating at 100% capacity - whereas the bag filter is loosing airflow capacity as it fills. Another totally cool thing about the cyclone is that if you have a larger shop and don't mind loosing the inside air, you can exhaust to the outside without using any exhaust filters (my shop is small and I exhaust to the inside with exhaust filters).

Terry Farrell