Dust collectors

Michael Spreeman m_spreeman at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 16 01:13:39 MDT 2007

Dale,

I did a bunch of research when setting up my shop and located the most efficient cfm unit for the least money.  I used 3" pvc plumbing pipe with blast gates which also saved a bundle and works like a dream.  I did splurge for the flex hoses with the copper spiral in them because it's a good idea to ground the system, unless you enjoy getting knocked over with static shocks.  I don't have the information here at home, but I'll send it to you off list when I get a chance.   Farrell is wooing the rues in Australia.
                Michael C. Spreeman http://www.spreemanpianoinnovations.com

From: Erwinspiano at aol.comDate: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 23:47:29 -0400Subject: Re: Dust collectorsTo: pianotech at ptg.org

  Hi Guys
  Hey all great suggestions.  Thanks one & all.  Where's Farrell?
    To avoid the cost of an expensive unit would it not be fairly effective to just put the thing outside & avoid the filter thing altogether? WIth adequate cfm would this make sense. I work with the doors open a lot & nice north south breeze thru the shop. Hey It's Calif.

  I'd love to buy a cyclone but it'll have to wait till later.  For 350 bucks it appears Grizzly & I can solve my immediate problems.
  Comments kids?
  Dale

Dale,
    We bought a Delta 4800 cfm dust collector with a 5 hp motor (around $1,600.00). It is designed to run 4 machines at once with 1200 cfm each. Now we can run the cnc machine, a buffer, sander and whatever else at the same time without a drop in vacuum. It is one of the best purchases we made.   Good luck,   Mike