cable action

richard.ucci at att.net richard.ucci at att.net
Fri Sep 21 18:37:26 MDT 2007

Thanks Jack,
The dip did feel a tad shallow, measured it @ about 8mm,and checking was not great either.
I'll use the tip of buckskin on the tails.
RU/UP

-------------- Original message from JWyatt1492 at aol.com: --------------

Hello Richard,

   You have a Wood-Brooks  90% action.
This action was actually  invented by the Thayer
Action Co.  just  before they  merged with
Wood.-Brooks.

  In the late 1940s it was introduced as a
"GRAND ACTION"  in a vertical.  I was young
and believed the  " Factory Experts "

   Checking was a problem in some cases we
put leather on the hammer tails, this worked very
well.

  To help this action it needs to be well lubricated
and add a little key depth.

   You will find a working model in the  Foundation
Museum.

Regards
Jack Wyatt