[CAUT] Gravalla Tension regulator

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Sep 24 08:28:31 MDT 2007

I'm still feeling my way around much of this soundboard function theory
stuff - and hence a question: If sound improves by clamping a Vise-Grip to
the bridge, does that not suggest a mass insufficiency rather than a
stiffness problem? Perhaps the piano also has a stiffness problem in that
area of the soundboard, but how does the mass added to the bridge suggest
stiffness rather than mass?

Terry Farrell