Dual trucks

Wimblees at aol.com Wimblees at aol.com
Mon Sep 24 17:50:19 MDT 2007

In a message dated 9/24/07 9:12:58 A.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
pianotuner at hughes.net writes:

Hello  List,

I'm a newbie working my way through Randy Potter's course.   I have three
old uprights in my garage that are in various stages of  regulation, tuning
and deconstruction.  With winter coming I want to  move them around and I've
been looking at these dual truck dollies that I  can use on my own.  One is
Roll-or-Kari and the other is by  Jansen.  Near as I can tell the Jansen has
swiveling wheels that can  be locked and the Kari has swivels on one dolly
and locked on the  other.  Otherwise, they're equal.  Also special long
straps will  have to be required by either to get around an upright.

So I'm  wondering if anyone has had experience with these devices.  Will
they  handle a heavy old upright?  Are there problems working around the
casters?  Of course mine have some missing casters anyway which is  the root
of the problem.  :-}

Any ideas are  appreciated.

Chet

Chet

The truck dollies are strong enough to handle heavy uprights. If you are
moving the pianos around yourself, I would suggest you use the Kari, because it
will be easier to maneuver the piano. But I'm more concerned about your
garage.  I presume it will be heated during the winter.

Willem (Wim)  Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, Hawaii
Author, "The  Business of Piano Tuning".
available from Potter  Press.
www.pianotuning.com