Re; New Use For Goose's String Leveling Tool/Old News To me

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 22:34:52 MDT 2007

On 9/24/07, John Formsma <formsma at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/24/07, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:
>
> > You won't do any more "good" with a sledge than you will with
> > a thumbnail, and will do a hell of a lot less damage in the
> > process. You aren't "fixing" anything with string seating in
> > any case, so the less intrusive the better - if you must.
> > Ron N
>
> I believe you...why do you think I stopped seating them?  <g>
>
> --
> JF
>
> Ron Paul for President
> www.ronpaul2008.com

I have to admit that I had my doubts about this technique as well, however I
have always held the view that I will keep an open mind whenever possible
regarding a new technique or method until I have the opportunity to prove or
disprove it for myself. I saw and experinced solid results from it, now if
you haven't from pushing down on the string with your finger(thereby
contaminating it with skin oils and salts and acids)perhaps you should try
something a little more substantive!

At the very least try opening your minds to the POSSIBILITY that there is
something to it.

Oh and by the way Ron a sledge hammer weighs, traditionally 10 or 20 pounds
and has a handle at least 20 inches in length. So my little 2 pound hammer
with it's 14 inch handle doesn't begin to qualify

--
Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life
as a continuous learning experience.

Mike

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service