Re; New Use For Goose's String Leveling Tool/Old News To me

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Sep 25 05:36:25 MDT 2007

> I have to admit that I had my doubts about this technique as well,
> however I have always held the view that I will keep an open mind
> whenever possible regarding a new technique or method until I have the
> opportunity to prove or disprove it for myself. I saw and experinced
> solid results from it, now if you haven't from pushing down on the
> string with your finger(thereby contaminating it with skin oils and
> salts and acids)perhaps you should try something a little more substantive!
>
> At the very least try opening your minds to the POSSIBILITY that there
> is something to it.

This is hardly a new technique. I know what there is to it,
thanks. Been there many years ago. As to some of the other
things I've since learned about seating strings, there are a
couple of week's reading, multiple times, in the archives.
Help yourself. Meanwhile, an open mind also requires
entertaining the possibility that someone who doesn't
immediately embrace your suggestion might have reasons for not
doing so.

> Oh and by the way Ron a sledge hammer weighs, traditionally 10 or 20
> pounds and has a handle at least 20 inches in length. So my little 2
> pound hammer with it's 14 inch handle doesn't begin to qualify

It does for seating strings, as far as I'm concerned.
Ron N