Dual trucks

Phil Manning phil at emvkeys.ca
Wed Sep 26 19:38:46 MDT 2007

Hello Chet

I have a set of Jansen dual trucks that I use to move my Hammond
consoles. I think there are better/cheaper/safer piano dolly options
available if you're just moving pianos around the shop. For example:

http://www.vandaking.com/us-shop/itemdo-106.html

You could by 3 sets of these upright dollies for the price of one pair
of dual trucks.

Organ consoles (for which the dual trucks are designed) are much lighter
than upright pianos, as such it is certainly possible for one strong
person to strap the dollies to a Hammond console for easy moving.
Setting the dollies however, involves some lifting/manhandling so I
personally would avoid using the dual tucks on a heavy upright without
some help.

cheers, Phil