Dual trucks

Chet Kieffer pianotuner at hughes.net
Mon Sep 24 11:01:16 MDT 2007

Hello List,

I'm a newbie working my way through Randy Potter's course.  I have three
old uprights in my garage that are in various stages of regulation, tuning
and deconstruction.  With winter coming I want to move them around and I've
been looking at these dual truck dollies that I can use on my own.  One is
Roll-or-Kari and the other is by Jansen.  Near as I can tell the Jansen has
swiveling wheels that can be locked and the Kari has swivels on one dolly
and locked on the other.  Otherwise, they're equal.  Also special long
straps will have to be required by either to get around an upright.

So I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with these devices.  Will
they handle a heavy old upright?  Are there problems working around the
casters?  Of course mine have some missing casters anyway which is the root
of the problem.  :-}

Any ideas are appreciated.

Chet