Aaaaarrrrrgh, Part Deux

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Sep 27 02:09:37 MDT 2007

Hi Mike

    My point was/is if the pins are drivable that should/is the first
    option. I
    feel, strictly MY opinion, that there are those who are too quick
    with the
    CA when other options are possible/probable.

I can agree with you here without problem

     I return to my teacher in class
    telling us to leave the piano in such condition that the next tech
    will be
    able to repair your repairs without undue effort. CA in many cases makes
    that impossible.

Examples ?  I am sure there are, but I dont think that use of CA in
pinblocks or bridgepin holes causes any future repair problems.  If the
block is so shot as to not respond at all to CA its probably not worth
any kind of repair short of replacment.

That said... your teacher makes a very good point in general about being
aware of the future service consequences of any repair work you do.  Its
a good thing to think over this kind of thing

Cheers
RicB

    See Paul Bruesch's post, he get's it!
    Mike