What's the best way to clean brass key cauls ?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Thu Sep 27 06:58:46 MDT 2007

Paul McCloud wrote:
> Hi Gordon:
> 	Anything with acidic content should work.  I have a vat of a chemical
> concoction I found on this years ago, which includes chromic acid and a
> buffer of some sort.  Someone on this list posted it.  10 seconds in this
> bath of liquid is enough to dissolve even the worst brass corrosion.
> Otherwise, Wrights Brass Cleaner, or Brite Boy, works great on brass.
> 	Good luck!
> 	Paul McCloud
> 	San Diego

What wonder chemical do you need?  If you've only been using hide glue
for rebushing, then all you need is WATER.

Readily available in most areas, cheap, non-toxic, can be safely heated
for greater effect,  etc., etc...
;-}

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them.
- Casey Stengel