Action function on a tilted upright

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Fri Sep 28 14:58:15 MDT 2007

Hi List,

The issue is using a Disklavier upright as a prepared piano.  One is
limited in the selection of usable preparations by virtue of the fact
that gravity is working against them staying in place between the
strings (in a vertical piano).  Someone is entertaining the notion of
tilting the piano to horizontal (or as close to it as is workable)
while still having the action function.

So I’m just wondering if someone who has experience with this can save
me the trouble of finding out for myself.  My guess is that the action
will not work in the horizontal position, and will work increasingly
poorly the further from vertical it gets.

Anyone?

Alan Eder