gluing ivories

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 15:04:37 MDT 2007

On 9/28/07, Willem Blees <wimblees at aol.com> wrote:

> Jim
>
> You can use CA glue. But use the thick stuff and the kicker. Just make
> sure it's put on correctly the first time, and be sure you don't get any of
> it on your finger as you're attaching the ivory to the glue. That stuff
> works very well between skin and ivory. (ask me how I know) [image: ;-)]
>
> Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
> Piano Tuner/Technician
> Honolulu, HI
> Author of
> The Business of Piano Tuning
> available from Potter Press
> www.pianotuning.com

For field repairs I have used contact cement, that's what I was told when I
started out eons ago, it's a trifle more forgiving
than CA and less chance you'll glue the ivory or the key to yourself. It
does require a little more time though.

Mike
--
You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your
grandmother. --Albert Einstein

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404