OT/old news/mice/ lavender

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Sun Sep 30 10:30:04 MDT 2007

Hi Sid.

After asking about last year for a good mice repellant on the list, many
answers mentioned lavender.  I did try this.  I put lavender everywhere, I
mean lots of lavender, dried or in spirit, in all the places possible.  The
good news is : yes, it repels mice, and the perfume is nice (to me at
least), even on the long time.  The bad news is : no, it didn't repel all of
them here.  There was a couple who were not bothered, stayed home and made
kids.  In last resort, I had to get that difenacoum thing, which I hate (I
love animals).  Only this worked here, while I tried many sweeter options
(like adopting them, but this proved quickly not to be feasible, because of
their excellent fecundity).  In about 3 or 4 days, no more mice.  But those
days are pain, as you keep seeing the little animals suffering hell.  They
run less and less quickly, then they don't move anymore, but not dead yet.
There is danger for kids and pets, as if they can't reach the stuff, they
always could reach the crops of infected mice.  You should bury or burn
those before anyone else that you like can eat them.  In case, manage to get
some K1 vitamins which are the antidote to defenacoum.

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.