Baldwin L- and Concert Grand

Clark Sprague CSPRAGUE4 at woh.rr.com
Sun Sep 30 16:47:24 MDT 2007

Hello, all.  I want to tap into the vast knowledge base that is this list.  I have never replaced a set of backchecks on a 10 year old (or so)  Baldwin L, and wonder if they are press-on or screw-on?  This would definitely impact the quote I give the customer.  Anyone?
    Also, I need to replace the damper felt on a 9' concert grand (Baldwin, also).  Does anybody use the Tokiwa sets to do this, or do you find the tri-chords in the high bass too close to use this?  Or do you use something else?  I know Schaff sent me some strips to use on another grand that had tri-chord bass strings, something thinner, but Pianotek says that the Tokiwa works fine.  Some input, please.
Clark A. Sprague, RPT