Baldwin L- and Concert Grand

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Sep 30 17:57:26 MDT 2007

Hi Clark
The Tokiwa sets are the weapon of choice.  They are beautiful &  fit almost
anything except maybe tri-chord bass strings on compressed Chickering  Quarter
grands & such where the tips of the tri-chord felts need to be super  thin.
In this case a good pair of parallel jaw damper squeezing pliers  will usually
work.  I like to warm the jaws slightly first to iron the felt  & compress
itess it easily

  Dale

  I know Schaff sent me some strips to use on another  grand that had
tri-chord bass strings, something thinner, but Pianotek says  that the Tokiwa works
fine.  Some input, please.
Clark A. Sprague, RPT