A Backwards piano?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Sep 30 19:31:29 MDT 2007

> Hello list,
>
> N.P.R. did an article on Morning Edition several years ago.  The reason
> I can recall this so well is that it was such a neat concept for
> left-handed pianists.  I also remember hearing about a concert given by
> a left-hand performer which was intended as a demonstration of that piano.
> As a piano instructor, I believe we right-handed should, even if it were
> just once in a lifetime, have the opportunity to play such an
> instrument.  Maybe it would afford us a better understanding of how
> left-handed students feel trying to play so much of the melody with the
> weaker hand instead of the stronger one.  Just a thought.
>
> Rick Osborne

Everyone should also be required to stilt up to over 6' tall
for at least a full work day, to better appreciate swag lamps,
ceiling fan light fixtures, chest level shower heads, and
things stored at the back of low shelves in refrigerators.

Interestingly, I've reached stuff on high shelves in stores
for scores of people, but I don't recall a five footer
offering to slide that box of whatever onto that shelf way
down there under the shopping cart for me.

Fortunately, we adapt. <G>
Ron N