A Backwards piano?

Rick Osborne rve at bvunet.net
Sun Sep 30 19:06:02 MDT 2007

Hello list,

N.P.R. did an article on Morning Edition several years ago.  The
reason I can recall this so well is that it was such a neat concept
for left-handed pianists.  I also remember hearing about a concert
given by a left-hand performer which was intended as a demonstration
of that piano.
As a piano instructor, I believe we right-handed should, even if it
were just once in a lifetime, have the opportunity to play such an
instrument.  Maybe it would afford us a better understanding of how
left-handed students feel trying to play so much of the melody with
the weaker hand instead of the stronger one.  Just a thought.

Rick Osborne
rve at bvunet.net
www.rickosborne.net