Piano Appraisal

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Apr 1 03:57:35 MST 2008

<<   1.  Current Condition.

  2.  Appraisal.

  3.  Value after Restoration.

  4.  Professional Opinion.

 My goal here is to surpass this gentleman's expectations. >>

Greetings,
  I think his expectations are for you to make an investment decision for
him.  Are you ready to do that?
     My professional opinion would be to stay way away from #3 and don't get
too close to #2,  unless you have seen a goodly number of Steinway Pianolas
restored and then sold.  This is a specialty market, very few of these pianos
are sold as restored, so there is no baseline.  It will be worth what someone
wants to pay at that time.
    I would not combine the sales attraction of an investment pitch with the
sale of my restoration services on a third party instrument, unless I know the
market well enough to speak with assurance.  Otherwise, I have to tell them I
am wildly guessing. (which I have done).
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the
video on AOL Home.<BR>