Performance enhancements for Anaheim

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Apr 1 09:28:35 MST 2008

?Hi all

?? The other day I wrote

? The bridge pin pattern are laid out using a new Plexiglas location template & the results are really organized with few defects.

?To be clear The spacing and squaring?of unison patch defects and anomaly's are all corrected with this method.

?I wanted to clarify the above statement.?The only defects in the result were drill operator error & not the method.?I had?just a few small drill bit bobbles where my location dimple wasn't quite deep enough to capture the nose of the drill bit?& the bit wanted to wander just a hair. Overall 99% of the bridge pin stagger & spacing were just as accurate as the pattern, which is phenomenal!
??With a?Bridge pin?locator template made as accurately as does David Hughes,?with his method, it's?difficult to go far wrong. I'm thinking that I'll?also go back to the (Dave Hughes Version) Fuller provided long brad points to eliminate any wander.? Maybe get the ole bi-focal tweaked up a bit as well. grin
?Dale

?This Stwy B (?B is for bad boy) sports a Custom made quartered sawn maple lam. pin block... Plus?a short 4 note transition bridge. This is an in shop handcrafted Sitka spruce soundboard panel pressed up in new jigs & fixtures with Terry's input.
? Disconnected ring bridge.....hmm should be fun. I may not be popular with some folks?back?at?the Mother ship.
? Hey, it's all fun when you can correct Mothers mistakes.?We moved the block,bridge,capstans ?& action stack?forward to correct a horrible action ratio & keys full of lead.
? Enjoy
? Dale
?