"Normally" carried chemicals

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Apr 1 11:29:02 MST 2008

How ironic you bring up chemicals!  I'm compiling my MSDS and EHS list of
various stuff I have in the shop and am cleaning out my safety metal
cabinet.

Anyhoo, when going out side the music bldg I like to carry the following
in those small hypoo oiler bottles and small containers;  acetone, teflon
powder, McLube 1708L and 444, Alcohol: H2O 50:50,  acetone:sanding sealer
8:1, a spray bottle of Formula 409, Lysol cleaning wipes (good for plastic
keys), CA glue, Titebond II, and PVC_E glue. I'm sure I'm forgetting
something...probably sniffed too much methyl ethyl keytone and petroleum
distillates today!

Paul

Bobb Craig <bpts at cheqnet.net>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
04/01/2008 12:15 PM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

pianotech at ptg.org
cc

Subject
"Normally" carried chemicals

I am just wondering what the "normal" Piano Technicians toolbox has in
it for chemicals. I realize that everyone (from reading the list) has
their own favorite "types" of products (and that information is OK as
well). But what I am really wondering is, if the is a general consensus
of the kind of products carried, and the uses for those carried?

Thanks,

Bobb