"Normally" carried chemicals

paulrevenkojones at aol.com paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Tue Apr 1 11:59:41 MST 2008

 Paul, this is presumably for voicing?

Paul

methyl ethyl keytone

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul T Williams <pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu>
To: Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 1:29 pm
Subject: Re: "Normally" carried chemicals

How ironic you bring up chemicals! ?I'm
compiling my MSDS and EHS list of various stuff I have in the shop and
am cleaning out my safety metal cabinet.

Anyhoo, when going out side the music
bldg I like to carry the following in those small hypoo oiler bottles and
small containers; ?acetone, teflon powder, McLube 1708L and 444, Alcohol:
H2O 50:50, ?acetone:sanding sealer 8:1, a spray bottle of Formula
409, Lysol cleaning wipes (good for plastic keys), CA glue, Titebond II,
and PVC_E glue. I'm sure I'm forgetting something...probably sniffed too
much methyl ethyl keytone and petroleum distillates today!

Paul

Bobb Craig <bpts at cheqnet.net>

Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org

04/01/2008 12:15 PM

Please respond to

Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

pianotech at ptg.org

cc

Subject

"Normally" carried chemicals

I am just wondering what the "normal" Piano
Technicians toolbox has in

it for chemicals. I realize that everyone (from reading the list) has

their own favorite "types" of products (and that information
is OK as

well). But what I am really wondering is, if the is a general consensus

of the kind of products carried, and the uses for those carried?

Thanks,

Bobb