large slotted screwdriver

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Fri Apr 4 10:14:57 MST 2008

At 22:58 -0400 3/4/08, Phil Bondi wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I had a large slotted screwdriver that fit in a brace and bit..where
>can I find a suitable replacement?
>
>A quick on-line search didn't produce what I'm looking for:
>
>A big wankin' slotted screwdriver to fit in a drill for tightening plates.
>
>suggestions?

Get yourself some London Pattern screwdrivers.  Here are the things I
use for big screws.  You can hug them and lean on them and if that's
not enough you can grip the blade with a pair of grips.

They ought to be very cheap.  I see there's a nice 18" one ob
eBay at the moment:

<http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220219708876>

JD