Centering Grand Jacks in the Window

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Fri Apr 4 16:44:36 MST 2008

RE: Centering Grand Jacks in the WindowYep, I'll second what David I said.  You feel like you're being abusive, but it really does take a fairly solid "tap" to get the jack to move.  Maybe try it on an old part 'till you get the hang of it.

William R. Monroe

  SNIP
   Supporting the side I want the jack to move towards.   You have tap it harder than you think...

  David Ilvedson, RPT
  Pacifica, CA 94044

  I have the support block, I've seen it done but I'm somehow not doing it right because when I hit the jack to center it nothing changes.
  Anyone willing to give explicit directions?
  Thanks,
  Mike