What did I tell you ?? The end is nearer then you think.

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Apr 5 09:58:39 MST 2008

Grin... Hi David... I see you've read about the <<science>> going on
down under.  I picked up a copy of Scientific American last summer with
an article about that computer/human brain fusion.... its well on the
way indeed. For that mater already now there are gps chips being
"installed" into certain humans to keep track of there whereabouts...
and serious suggestions are being forwarded about installing them in all
newborns. I'd love to believe that the acoustic instrument will never
fail and fall into the annals of history... but human kind has dropped
so many traditions through time as part of its advance into the future.
I have a hard time seeing what will keep the analog world going. What
will be the motivation when all you need to do for ten times the
<<experience>> is just... plug in ?

Human wetware seems to have a tremendous susceptibility towards being
seduced by gadgets... the puzzle... making something that does it for
you.  Any of you folks out there ever read the book "Player Piano" ?

Cheers
RicB

        Cheer up, Ric...acoustic feels better than digital close-up. The
        acoustic instrument, maker, ensemble, and appreciator will never
        die.
        At least until the silicon/carbon fusion of computers and human
        beings that's looming around 2060, if you believe Ray Kurzweil.
        Human wetware has a singular vibrational and chemical obsession
        with
        acoustic sounds. IMO.
        xoDA