What did I tell you ?? The end is nearer then you think.

Arlin Hall ahall12 at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 6 08:58:11 MDT 2008

There will always be a place for technological development like this.  It's
interesting and sometimes fun.  But the real thing will prevail.  I am a
drummer. Back in the 80's when all the synth oriented pop lik "A Flock Of
Seagulls" came out, many bands started using sequenced synth drums and drum
machines instead of live drummers.  Many drummers started the "wo is me, I'm
out of work" chant.  That whole fad is now relegated to a small microcosm of
today's music and live drummers are back in all their flory (depending on
you rpoint of view about drummers, :-)   ).

The same thing will happen with this kind of synth technology, me thinks.
It doesn't matter how good a sampled piano gets, or how good they make the
touch and action feel.  There will still be many - many that prefer a
quality real piano.  A lot of folks will tout and gig out with a synth, just
for practicalitly's sake, but and home and in the studio, they'll be playing
the real thing.

Even if I'm totally wrong, like someone else on the list said, with all the
pianos that are already out there, we're set for life.

Arlin