What did I tell you ?? The end is nearer then you think.

Mark Schecter mark at schecterpiano.com
Fri Apr 4 23:22:49 MST 2008

Ric and all,

Don Lewis is a really fine musician (I've heard him blow in other
contexts, too), and his demo is impressive. But, when it comes to vocal
groups, I'll take wetware any day. To wit, Take Six:

Spread Love: http://tinyurl.com/5xkq58
A Quiet Place: http://tinyurl.com/3o823o
Tracks of My Tears: (w/Michael McDonald): http://tinyurl.com/6x5u5z
Star Spangled Banner (don't miss this): http://tinyurl.com/5crqus

The best pianos reach toward a singing tone, and software can do some
pretty neat tricks, but they ain't got the vibrating organic pipes, ya
know ...

So I'm not worried that people will ever become unable to respond to the
first musical instrument, and that will keep them in touch with the
analog world forever.

-Mark

PS Aretha singing Amazing Grace: http://tinyurl.com/3hq53a