What did I tell you ?? The end is nearer then you think.

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 6 13:29:49 MDT 2008

Hi, George:
	Well, the digital instruments aren't just another "sine wave" generator.
The sounds are "sampled" (recorded) from actual instruments, so they sound
much more realistic than the old synthesizers.  Big difference.
	But anyway, I agree with you.  There is little longevity with the keyboard
instruments (if you can call them instruments).  In a year, they aren't
worth half of the purchase price.  In ten years, they'll be unwanted junk,
ready for the thrift store.  Good for marketers.  I call keyboards a
stepping stone to a piano.  Next thing they'll buy is a piano.  I'm  not
threatened at all by them.  No speaker system in the world has been able to
reproduce the complex sound of a piano, and unless something
earthshattering comes along, that fact is the limiting factor.  But, let
them build keyboards all day long.  Show me someone learning to play one,
and I'll show you a budding piano player.  Nothing compares to the real
acoustic sound and feel of a piano.
	FWIW,
	Paul McCloud

Paul McCloud