Why "Hot Hide Glue" is ideal for bushiings....

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 22:07:29 MDT 2008

Thanks! I love ephemera!
  It occured to me,on the way to a service call,  that
so many have ridiculed me, while a simple trial of my
suggestion would, no doubt, make many converts.( It's
simply nicer to use! )

Oh well.
Thumpe

P.S. If I ever "strike it rich", funding research into
a  non-animal substitute for film emulsion is high on
my "to-do" list!!!!

--- David Boyce <David at piano.plus.com> wrote:

> This is but tangentially related to glue, hyde and
> hide:
>
> Photographic film is made by mixing light-sensitive
> chemicals (mainly silver
> bromide) in gelatin and coating the mix (an
> emulsion)  onto clear cellulose
> triacetate film.  Gelatin, like hot glue, is
> obtained from animal hide and
> hoof.  In the 1930s Kodak's film manufacturing
> facility in England was
> nicknamed "Hide Park", a pun on London's famous Hyde
> Park.  So, there IS a
> connection bnetween Hyde and hide!
>
> Best,
>
> David.