1985 Louis XV Walnut Steinway

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Apr 8 07:36:58 MDT 2008

> Just curious Ron (or anyone) - what kind of plate refinishing job was
> done on an autographed rebuilt S&S grand? I mean did it have a little
> rectangle preserved looking like a small lifeboat in a sea of new gold
> paint (you know - like those fabulous jobs on the fallboard when the
> refinisher didn't know new decals were available and wanted to preserve
> the original....)?
>
> Terry Farrell

I haven't seen it yet, but he said it was a Sherman Clay
rebuild, and the "Steinway guy" was at the store when they
bought it, and "endorsed it" at that time. So it's felt tip
marker on new (at the time) paint. These days, a high
resolution digital photo of the graffiti can be easily enough
made into a transfer decal and everyone could have John's (or
anyone's) "endorsement" on their Harwood or Brambach, to liven
up their parties and enhance their social standing.

Ron N