Tuning Tip Threads

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Wed Apr 9 10:22:29 MDT 2008

Yes they are different and your shaft is not heat treated so rough tight pianos will strip the loose thread.
Two or more issues I think invilved here. Metric and standard inch thread and wearing out of threading die.
The Boston thread is the largest in diameter that I have run into and the Sole the smallest.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com