Australian Piano Owner

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Wed Apr 9 10:31:07 MDT 2008

The piano was built in Berlin by Görs  & Kallmann in 1907.  [This
information was not gleaned from the Pierce Atlas for those paranoid
about copyright infringement.]   At that time they were building about
3000 pianos a year.   It appears that new pianos with that name are
still being sold, but is is just one more old name that is being used
(abused, IMO) to make an Asian piano seem more old-world or otherwise
appealing....

The special hammers for this type of instrument are still available.
Overdamper felt is also available for those who fear no challenges...
Otherwise it should be fairly straight forward as far as repairs,
regulation and tuning goes.  There is nothing really brand specific
that I am aware of.    Check tuning pin torque, on these pianos is is
often very low, especially since this one has been around the world and
subjected to who knows what kind of environments.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440
info at pianofortesupply.com