stretching wire

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Apr 9 13:05:33 MDT 2008

> Here we go again!  I wish I'd had you here last week when I was making a
> set of strings for two pre-1840 pianos using Paulello's wire types 1 and
> 2.  You would very quickly have changed your tune and your eyes would
> have demonstrated to you what repeated appeals to known science seem
> incapable of doing.

Since I don't use it, nor do I encounter it in field work, I
don't really care what Paulello's #1 or #2 wire does, as long
as it does it somewhere else. As seems to be a universal lack
of communication with you, I'm talking about the modern music
wire that the overwhelming majority of piano manufacturers and
techs employ, where you're talking about anything you can that
seems to contradict it, however dissimilar. When you can cite
some science that's known to someone other than yourself, I'd
be more than happy to listen. As I said, I'm interested in
real information about modern music wire.

> I will finally do some experiments this summer and confirm once and for
> all the falsehood of your assertions.

Don't bother on my account, unless you can reference a
credible source of information less than 150 years old.
Ron N