stretching wire

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Wed Apr 9 13:43:51 MDT 2008

At 14:05 -0500 9/4/08, Ron Nossaman wrote:

>Since I don't use it, nor do I encounter it in field work, I don't
>really care what Paulello's #1 or #2 wire does, as long as it does
>it somewhere else. As seems to be a universal lack of communication
>with you

The fact is you simply can't bear to have facts demonstrated to you
that aren't written ad nauseam in the Gospel according Ron Nossaman
and that any serious scientific data is beyond your powers of
understanding.

>I'm talking about the modern music wire that the overwhelming
>majority of piano manufacturers and techs employ, where you're
>talking about anything you can that seems to contradict it, however
>dissimilar.

Absolute nonsense.  You simply refuse to read anything that
contradicts your bone-headed opinion that wire is perfectly elastic.
It doesn't make a scrap of difference what steel wire is involved;
it's just that the Paulello wire demonstrates the phenomenon in such
a way that it's clear for all to see without doing precise
experiments.

>  When you can cite some science that's known to someone other than
>yourself, I'd be more than happy to listen. As I said, I'm
>interested in real information about modern music wire.

In the patent I suggested you look at, published in 1985, what sort
of wire do you think they were dealing with, for heavens' sake?!  Of
course you did not read it.

>>I will finally do some experiments this summer and confirm once and
>>for all the falsehood of your assertions.
>
>Don't bother on my account, unless you can reference a credible
>source of information less than 150 years old.

Trust me, I would never do anything on your account -- unless perhaps
your teeth were on fire, but your bone-headed self-importance
certainly stimulates me to speak up against the nonsense you
propagate on this list on this topic and others.

JD