stretching wire

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Apr 9 14:44:28 MDT 2008

> The fact is you simply can't bear to have facts demonstrated to you that
> aren't written ad nauseam in the Gospel according Ron Nossaman and that
> any serious scientific data is beyond your powers of understanding.

Sorry John. This isn't some wild hair notion I cooked up on my
own. It's the best evidence I could find out there among real
engineering sources. This doesn't have my ego wrapped up in it
anywhere. As I have said repeatedly, if you have an
authoritative source that says modern music wire stretches in
the long term under the conditions found in real pianos, I'd
love to see it. It would make life so much easier to be able
to blame the wire for everything.

But then I'd be at a loss as to why low panel compression rib
supported soundboards with laminated bridge caps stay in tune
so much better than traditionally built panel supported boards
with solid caps, using the same ever stretching wire. And no,
that's not my wild hair notion either, but is reported by
techs I've done belly work for.

  > In the patent I suggested you look at, published in 1985,
what sort of wire do you think they were dealing with, for
heavens' sake?!  Of course you did not read it.

Apparently not, but then patents have been issued for
perpetual motion machines, which might cast some doubt as to
it's being a credible information source. I'll wait for the
diversionary chaff to clear and see if a real echo appears on
the screen.

Ron N