Wally Brooks All Day Seminar, ABQ, NM, May 17, 2008

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Thu Apr 10 13:22:38 MDT 2008

>From Fred Sturm.  Please contact him for more info, fssturm at unm.edu

--Cy--
ABQ, NM

----- Original Message -----
From: Fred Sturm

The NM chapter would like to invite you to an all day seminar with Wally
Brooks, to be held on Saturday, May 17 at the University of NM, Albuquerque,
NM.

  1.. All About Hammers
Take a microscopic tour into the depths of a piano hammer.  Learn about the
making of felt and the process of manufacturing hammers including our new
Natural Felt.  We will discuss how to control weight and touch through
hammer selection and the information needed for boring hammers.  You will
also learn grand and upright hammer hanging on old and new shanks and
flanges as well as using pre-hung hammers.

  2.. Replacing Grand Action Parts – for fun, profit & weight control
What is important when changing parts?  Important measurements to consider
and their effects on fit regulation and touch.  Backcheck installation,
using sample kits and a simple system for controlling touch weight.

  3.. Tone Building
A thorough discussion and demonstration of the process of putting a new set
of hammers into their optimum working state and the art of listening to
tone.

For further information, please contact Fred Sturm, fssturm at unm.edu, off
list.