Clunker pianos - what do you do?

AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 05:21:16 MDT 2008

Amen! Steve.

Al Guecia
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stephen Grattan
  To: Pianotech List
  Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 4:27 PM
  Subject: Re: Clunker pianos - what do you do?

  Michelle,

  I also have a simple rule-of-thumb.  I give the customer- in writing, a full assessment of the piano, its current value and its potential value - then let the customer decide.  I have had many cases where I have given the customer dozens of reasons to junk it and they will say "It was Grandmas - I want to do it"  The money is green, they have made an informed decision, I have full-filled my obligations and I like to pay my bills- so I do it.  Have a great day!

  Steve Grattan
  Lost Chord Clinic