Clunker pianos - what do you do?

AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 05:35:47 MDT 2008

Andrew Anderson wrote:
"Not a customer I wanted to have"

Not a technician I would want!

Al Guecia

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andrew and Rebeca Anderson
  To: Pianotech List
  Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 8:24 PM
  Subject: Re: Clunker pianos - what do you do?

  Most of the time I get called to rescue a clunker because it was bought with the intention of inflicting it on a budding piano student.  That is something I don't choose to be a part of.  They thought they could get a piano on the cheap and I show them that they wasted their money and suggest that they stop the hemorrhaging before it gets any worse.

  Occasionally I do get the "but we want it anyway" spiel and then I do quote what it would take to do it right, eight to ten Gs and they usually get angry.  Not a customer I wanted to have.

  Andrew Anderson