pay you later

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 07:58:50 MDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 6:56 AM, <richard.ucci at att.net> wrote:

>  Friends,
> How do you handle the client that after your're finished tuning and
> present the bill, they say, "We'll send you a check". It is noted in bold
> letters on my invoice that payment is expected upon services rendered.
>

> Also, this usually occurs only with my most affluent clients.

Same here.  I usually don't worry about it all.  Most of our clients are
totally trustworthy.  Sometimes the check comes later than I expected, but
it always comes.  So I don't worry about it.

I've only had one client who took FOREVER to pay...EACH time.  I had to send
a couple of reminder letters each time to get a check.  Finally, I decided
it wasn't worth the hassle (especially since they had a nasty Kimball
mini-grand).  Never called them back, and they haven't called me either.

I almost never have a returned check either.  So I figure I can wait for
payment on occasion, although it is quirky behavior indeed.

 How does one nicely put it without looking broke or offending the client?

You might casually say, "Oh...I don't mind waiting a couple minutes if you
want to make the check out today."  I dunno - it almost never happens to me,
so I don't have something I say for that.

--
JF