pay you later

Michelle Smith michelle at smithpianoservice.com
Fri Apr 11 07:49:00 MDT 2008

Hi Rick.  I just talked to a very reputable plumbing business in our area
about coming out to the house.  They kept asking me very detailed questions
about my plumbing problem and initially I wondered why-can't they just see
the problem when they come?  After I had told him all my plumbing issues, he
went down the list and told me what each was likely to cost.  Parts and all.
I'm sure they do this so people don't freak out when the work is done and
they see the total $$.

At the end of our conversation, he specifically stated that full payment is
due before the plumber leaves the house and they take checks, credit card...

It made me really think about my phone conversations with my customers.
Usually I just get their name, address, and type of piano and answer any
specific questions they have.  I need to talk more about what things are
likely to cost and payment issues.  (Of course your more "affluent" clients
might forget your phone conversation!)

I'm sure the reason this plumbing company is so highly rated in our area is
because they're honest and take the time to explain everything to their
customers.

Have a great day!

Michelle Smith

Smith Piano Service