receiving payment

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 15:07:20 MDT 2008

Hi Everyone,
I firmly believe that a person is worth their hire and should be paid on completion of the job.  Schools, churches and nursing homes are a different breed of customer.  Being paid up front doesn't make someone a mere service worker any more than wearing a robe makes them the Pope.  Our work and attitude toward the customer will display whether we are artists or mere service workers.  This is my plan when I leave the Piano Hospital.  When I dress for success, hold a great attitude toward my customer and demonstrate that I know what I'm doing, he or she will and should be happy to pay for a job well done.  If I'm short on cash, the customer won't see it because of my professionalism.  "How do I pay you Marshall."
"Oh cash or check is fine, and here's the invoice for your records."
"Ok."
Check in hand, family can eat, bills are paid, tithes put in the offering, life is good
Marshall